- Barack will make an address tonight on Afghanistan, with preliminary reports suggesting a rapid deployment of an additional 30-35,000 troops.
- The proposed Comcast-NBC merger would be the largest media merger in recent history.
- South Africa vows to treat all HIV-positive babies (which is a big change of direction post-Mbeki).
- Latino voters see health care as the overwhelming priority.
- The folks over at Treehugger debunk the global-warming-conspiracy conspiracy and critique the whole Climategate fallacy.
- The House is moving forward on financial regulation reform; the Senate is sluggish … very sluggish.
- My good friend Ziya looks at the different perceptions of beauty.
- Is Lasik worth thousands of dollars?
Filed under: links Tagged: | afghanistan, aids, barack obama, beauty, climate change, climategate, comcast, congress, conspiracy, finance reform, global warming, green, health care, health care reform, hiv, house, iron man 2, jacob zuma, lasik, latinos, media, merger, nbc, senate, south africa, thabo mbeki, treehugger, world aids day, ziya meral