- It’s Election Day 2009, with a number of races of note going on, including in Virginia, New Jersey, and New York.
- James Dobson steps down from Focus on the Family.
- While Republicans are focused on stopping the Democrats’ larger legislative plans–health-care reform, finance reform, climate change–the latter are pushing through a lot of smaller changes largely unopposed.
- Governor Carcieri of Rhode Island signs a major anti-trafficking bill into law.
- NPR looks at climate change–how it’s affected us so far, and how it will continue to affect us.
- From the geniuses at xkcd.com, movie narrative charts.
- Joss Whedon bids on the Terminator franchise.
Filed under: links | Tagged: 12 angry men, climate change, democrats, donald carcieri, election day, focus on the family, green, human trafficking, james dobson, joss whedon, jurassic park, lord of the rings, movie narrative charts, new jersey, new york, politics, primer, prostitution, republicans, rhode island, star wars, terminator, virginia, xkcd | 2 Comments »